Just because you’ve earned the title Senior Product Developer doesn’t mean you fall into the typical senior age bracket. In fact, it’s entirely possible that as Senior level employee, you could be the youngest of all your colleagues.
Nicole Dominguez is a 20-year-old entirely self taught Senior Product Developer. She discovered she loved to code as a 13-year-old playing with neopets and was working as a freelance professional in high school. Nicole now lives and works for Sawhorse Media in New York City.
In this episode, Nicole discusses
- How she was noticed by the New York Times
- Turning a hobby into a career
- Working as the youngest senior employee of a company
- Why learning to code is not as hard as you think
- How Reddit can be used as a career tool
- The power of meetups and using them to find your dream job
Find and attend a meetup relevant to your industry. Make sure to introduce yourself to people while you are there.
We’d love an honest review of this episode on iTunes or Stitcher! It only takes a couple of seconds. It’s tremendously helpful for our ranking in iTunes and will help grow the lifelong learning and listening community of SkilledUp and Fearless Careers! You can also send us an email or reach Ander on Twitter with any feedback, thoughts, or ideas for future episodes.